Fine Art/Norman Rockwell Lithoraph

Hello Mr. Laskowaski,

I found at an estate sale a lithograph by Norman Rockwell and couldn't find any info on the type of lithograph i have... most of the ones i did find were 1/200 and signed in pencil... The one i have is titled " Outward Bound" is numbered 76/2500 in pencil and signed Norman Rockwell in pen in the bottom left hand portion of the picture it has an embossed seal stating," Products bearing this seal are endorsed by the Estate and Family of Norman Rockwell" I am not sure if this is your area of expertise but any info would be much appreciated Thank you - Justin

Editions of 2,500 - such as the one in today’s question - are considered to be much too large to be of significant monetary value (or interest) to serious collectors of art.
The prints signed by Norman Rockwell himself have a connection to the artist that is very appealing to many collectors, but the print owned by R. S. T. was literally mass produced after the artist's death and has little or nothing to do with Rockwell’s artistic legacy. I find prints such as this one being retailed in the $50 to $125 range.
Oh, and one last thing, do not be suckered in by “Certificates of Authenticity.”  

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University