Fine Art/removing old print

Question
quaintness of korea
quaintness of korea  
hi mr laskowski,  i was woundering if you could help me, i have a 1920 color woodblock print from lilian may miller titled "quaintness of korea" in a original old frame with a art gallery sticker on reverse stating the art gallery name the title of print and that it's an original print. my question is if i should take it out of the old frame because of conditioning factors from age or leave it alone. i would think it needs to come out of the old frame to put in a more archival matting etc. but i didn't want to affect the value with the sticker etc. please can you give me your thoughts on what do do.   thank you so much for your time. i attached a photo ,hope this helps. thanks again.

Answer
Terry, the answer to that would be, "How much do you have invested in the piece?"

Her prints range anywhere from $100-$1,000. Yours I would say has a fair market value of $250-$350. The more elaborate ones are worth more. So for an archival matt you are looking at $100 to change it. If you leave the old matt, the acid will surely discolor your print.

Joseph B. Laskowski