Fine Art/20th American Artist - A. Hutty

Woman In Blue by Hutty
Woman In Blue by Hutty  
I acquired this painting signed Alfred Hutty through an inheritance.  I think it is called 'Woman In Blue'.  I would like to know how I can verify this information and the best place to inquire about it's value?
Thank you.

Katherine, this is a beautiful painting. I would be interested in knowing the size and if there are any notations on the back of the painting. The following is the last auction record for Alfred Hutty. I would be interested in brokering this painting for you. The value below is for a landscape. I can see yours doing maybe $5,000-$6,000. I can be reached at Thank You for showing me this painting.

Title:Autumn landscape
16" x 20"
(40.64cm x 50.80cm)
Created: not given
See all lots for this auction
Signed Lower Left
Lot: 1059
Auction House: Bonhams New York
Low Est.:   $3,000   
High Est.:   $5,000   
Sales Price**:    $4,270   
(05/24/2011 - 05/25/2011)

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University