Fine Art/C.M. Coolidge "The Poker Game"

Hello, my family and I were wondering about a "print" that we've owned for a long time. It belongs to my parents now but belonged to my great grandfather Hoover before my parents. You can kind of see a picture of it here:

Although that's a poor picture. To us, it appears to be a print of the original with a few exceptions. As you can probably tell, my great grandparents painted over the "Whiskey" bottle (My mother thinks it was because of prohibition).

But there appears to be other differences in the picture as well and we're not sure why. For example, in our picture there are birds flying near the cliffs in the background painting on the right hand side, there doesn't appear to be those birds in the original.

The chairs appear to be of a different material. In the painting, the chairs appear to have some sort of red material covering the chairs while in my parents "print" it seems as though the chairs are leather and have the rivets holding the leather down (Hard to see in the picture but possible).

With your assistance, we'd really like to find out what it is we've got. Thank you for your time and attention.

Eric, I went to Google Images and I believe I found the exact image. Type in C.M. Coolidge in the search box and then click on images. You will be able to see the myriad images that come up. I am sure you will be able to find what you are looking for.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University