Fine Art/C.M. Coolidge "The Poker Game"

Sandra wrote at 2012-07-08 15:46:52
I also have this same print, again with a few differences.  In my print, the whiskey bottles are replaced with beer bottles.  I also have two glasses on the side table instead of one.  My picture is also signed by C.M. Coolidge, and has a copyright date of 1895.  I think this piece of art was created prior to any of the pieces he did for Brown and Bigelow in 1903.  My husband got this print from an Uncle who worked at the Grand Ledge Chair factory in Grand Ledge Michigan, it used to hang in the foyer area.  When the factory closed, long time employees were told to take what the wanted.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University