Fine Art/Manolita Puyet

Could someone please tell me how much this painting could be worth. It in a woode carved frame with a young beautiful girl in a red dress. The painting has a brass plague and says Manolita Puyet.

Hi Lisa,

I suspect that what you have is in fact a reproduction print that has been varnished in order to give it an appearance of an oil painting.

The title of the work is 'Manolita' with the artist being Joseph Puyet (Spanish, b.1922). Regrettably, its value is decorative only - there are currently two on ebay starting at $49 USD.

Kind regards,

Timothy Lawrence Williams MA (Hons)

I can answer all questions on Fine Art, particularly the indentification of pictures (paintings, prints etc). My specialist areas are old master prints, printmaking, early Flemish painting, Dutch golden age painting, fin-de-siecle, Impressionism, Victorian, all British painting.

I've worked for the National Gallery, London and Brighton Museum & Art Gallery in research and curatorial capacities. I'm currently a director of Pieta Fine Art Ltd.

The Guardian

PhD Early Flemish painting (incomplete), MA History of Art, BA History of Art (Hons)

Neil MacGregor Scholarship