Fine Art/Maurice Utrillo painting

Question
Le Quartier, St. Romain
Le Quartier, St. Romai  
I have a painting of Maurice Utrillo signed and dated 1925 on the left side corner of the picture. And on the back there is a red stamped of " VP 1363.Utrillo.Le Quartier. St. Romain. I would like to know if this painting is a real or copy or a reproduction. Your ideas and opinion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rey

Answer
I am familiar with this artist, however French artists are not my specialty. I do know this artist tends to be copied or forged artists in history. I would strongly suggest contacting a reputable late 19th century fine art restorer and appraiser. They will be able to authentic at least if the artwork was created during the time in which he painted and provide some level of authentication. I would go to the Fine art appraisers association and find one in the area local to you.

Best wishes,

Qeturah

Qeturah Rasyth