Fine Art/a mysterious face

an unknown boy
an unknown boy  
Good afternoon~
Yesterday, we found this picture in a goodwill store. There is no signature on it, only a sticker on the back that says "MAYFAIR GALLERY and ART CENTER, Scotia, N.Y.". We would love to find out any information you can share with us about the picture, including who did it, and what the story is behind it. thank you for all your help!!

Dear Elizabeth,

Good afternoon to you too.

I'm sorry but I have no information on your picture although I can see from the attached image that the boy is depicted in what appears to be Renaissance costume. I would suggest that you take your picture to a reputable gallery or auction house and they may be able to determine its creator and origins.

Best wishes and good luck,

Samantha Hughes-Johnson

I am an art historian and my speciality is Renaissance Florence, although I have an excellent knowledge of the Renaissance in Europe too. I can answer your questions regarding visual and textual primary sources produced during this period although I DO NOT APPRAISE PAINTINGS OR ANTIQUES.

I have experience in independent research and have produced several, as yet unpublished works. My research has taken me to London, Paris, Florence, Rome, Prague, Milan etc.

I belong to the Association of Art Historians.

I have a first-class honours degree in the humanities with art history, a postgraduate certificate in research methodology and I am currently researching towards my PhD.