Fine Art/artist name/print name

I have a print and the back of the cardboard with the frame (looks like the original frame) says Ira Roberts of Beverly Hills. Style # 5437. I opened the frame and a greeting card "Trans-Can Greetings Inc) Titled "Cat and Daisies" was taped to the mat. Sue Boettcher Card, Huddersfield, England. It is also written in ink the number 5437. Is this from the Ira Roberts Gallery which says they represent the finest quality in art reproduction and is it typical for them to use a greeting card for the art print. Is this card/print worth anything?
Thank you

Dear Diane,

Yes, it is from the Ira Roberts Gallery, certainly there's no real difference between the printing methods used to create a greetings card and the other prints and posters retailed by Roberts - it's just printed on a card base rather than a paper base. Almost all photomechanical reproduction prints are offset lithographs (and since the 1990s Giclee, which is a fancy way of saying ink jet printer).  Regrettably the card is worth about $7 USD going on current ebay prices for Sue Boettcher's post cards.

Kind regards,

Timothy Lawrence Williams MA (Hons)

I can answer all questions on Fine Art, particularly the indentification of pictures (paintings, prints etc). My specialist areas are old master prints, printmaking, early Flemish painting, Dutch golden age painting, fin-de-siecle, Impressionism, Victorian, all British painting.

I've worked for the National Gallery, London and Brighton Museum & Art Gallery in research and curatorial capacities. I'm currently a director of Pieta Fine Art Ltd.

The Guardian

PhD Early Flemish painting (incomplete), MA History of Art, BA History of Art (Hons)

Neil MacGregor Scholarship