Fine Art/Cecil Charles Windsor Aldin

Welcome back from your break.  I live in Ireland and was had seen you earlier mention Cecil Charles Windsor Aldin in one of your responses to a query.  He did a series of paintings 'The Fallowfield Hunt', six in all, with one being titled 'The Hunt Supper' 1890.  Most of the prints of this particular painting are framed with a border which includes the Title and other details.  I have come across a framed 'The Hunt Supper', which was framed by a Liverpool, England framer.  However, this one does not have a border nor any title attached to it anywhere.  Could this have been another print or, indeed, the original?  Or do you know where the original painting is?

The person who had it during the last few decades had stated that his father always said to take care of this particular painting as it was valuable.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, in advance.

Dear Michael,
I will need more information from you. Please email clear high quality images of your print's front, back, and a close up of the margin edges. Have you removed it from the frame? If not, you will probably need to do this to get a good idea of the condition and any other clues as to what it is. I also need the size of the print sheet and the size of the print area. Is there any other writing? Email the images to and I will try to help you out.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.