Fine Art/charles vigor

Hi, i do hope that you can help me. I found a Charles Vigor piece. All i could find on the internet is that he was a painter from England. The large piece i have is on a thick paper or card stock.
It does not look like it has brush strokes. It looks more like it could be charcoal or something like that but it does have color in it as well. It was in an old frame that i removed it from because of the cardboard backing. Did someone ever make Charles Vigor reproductions on card stock. When you look at it from a certain angle the black areas on the piece have a sheen to them. It is a fairly dark piece of a man looking through a window of a house at what looks like a family celebration with a new baby. Thank you for any help you could give. Colin.

Colin, since I can't see a photo, what I want you to do is get onto Google and type in the artists name. The top of the Google page you will see some tabs, click on the tab images. That will give you images of the artist's work. You can then find out about the title and type that in and see how favorably it compares to yours.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University