Fine Art/Maurice Utrillo

cathrine wrote at 2012-08-09 15:24:49
My parents have had this picture in their home since 1959. My father bought this picture at a very reputable departmental store called Stuttafords in Cape Town South Africa.  Please inform us of anything that may be interesting about this painting/print?

Josyane Vanounou wrote at 2013-11-07 11:32:40
I have the same painting of Utrillo (on canvas) I bought it 2 weeks aga in the flee market of Haifa (Israel). I am interested to show you it. Mine looks like an original but may be it's an original of a false.

Amanda Butler wrote at 2015-05-26 04:23:04
I too own this same painting (or print) but am unable to determine it's authenticity. I have been researching and this is the only other piece I have found identical to my own.

cathrine hartley wrote at 2015-09-10 16:57:40
Good evening, my parents have this painting in their home. How do we find out if it is fake

cathrine hartley wrote at 2015-09-10 16:58:14

Timothy Lawrence Williams MA (Hons)

I can answer all questions on Fine Art, particularly the indentification of pictures (paintings, prints etc). My specialist areas are old master prints, printmaking, early Flemish painting, Dutch golden age painting, fin-de-siecle, Impressionism, Victorian, all British painting.

I've worked for the National Gallery, London and Brighton Museum & Art Gallery in research and curatorial capacities. I'm currently a director of Pieta Fine Art Ltd.

The Guardian

PhD Early Flemish painting (incomplete), MA History of Art, BA History of Art (Hons)

Neil MacGregor Scholarship