Fine Art/George Seideneck Photograph

Hello. I recently found a photograph I am curious about. It is titled "coastlands" and signed George Seideneck 1941. I don't know anything about art or photography. Can you give me any info about it? Is it something I should have preserved professionally? Does it have any value? Thank you very much for your help.

BJ, you should have it preserved professionally. George Seideneck was a well-known California photographer during the 20th Century and he worked and lived in the Carmel, Ca. area. Your scene is probably from that area. Worth is $500-$800 fair market value. If you check with one of the California photo dealers they may give you more depending on how rare and desirable the scene is.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University