Fine Art/George Seideneck Photograph

Question
signature
signature  
Hello. I recently found a photograph I am curious about. It is titled "coastlands" and signed George Seideneck 1941. I don't know anything about art or photography. Can you give me any info about it? Is it something I should have preserved professionally? Does it have any value? Thank you very much for your help.

Answer
BJ, you should have it preserved professionally. George Seideneck was a well-known California photographer during the 20th Century and he worked and lived in the Carmel, Ca. area. Your scene is probably from that area. Worth is $500-$800 fair market value. If you check with one of the California photo dealers they may give you more depending on how rare and desirable the scene is.

Joseph B. Laskowski