Fine Art/Graphite on painted board.

Question
aged1970
aged1970  
This is a little later than your stated range of expertise but still hoping you might help. I have a graphite drawing on a painted board signed and dated 1970 as shown. I can't figure out the artist by signature or style but feel it is a quality piece by probably a listed artist. The board is 20" square. Any idea who the artist is ? THANK YOU.

Answer
Jeff, beautiful portrait. Very expertly done. I haven't a clue as to who might have don this. I actually went down my list(s) of artist who start with the first initial R for the first name and the last name starting with S but no luck as of yet.  It looks Southern though.

Joseph B. Laskowski