Fine Art/Graphite on painted board.

This is a little later than your stated range of expertise but still hoping you might help. I have a graphite drawing on a painted board signed and dated 1970 as shown. I can't figure out the artist by signature or style but feel it is a quality piece by probably a listed artist. The board is 20" square. Any idea who the artist is ? THANK YOU.

Jeff, beautiful portrait. Very expertly done. I haven't a clue as to who might have don this. I actually went down my list(s) of artist who start with the first initial R for the first name and the last name starting with S but no luck as of yet.  It looks Southern though.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University