Fine Art/Help with aquatint identification

large aquatint
large aquatint  

I have been struggling for over a year now in trying to identify this aquatint. It has been in the family for at least 50 years; my mother, now 80, has asked me to research it as part of the estate. It is a large - 26 x 30 inches - and depicts what looks like a Dutch or Alsatian village scene. I will send a close up scan of the signature in my next email.  
Thank You!

Dear John,

I apologise for my delay in replying to your question - I've done a substantial amount of research into this print and hoped to come back to you with a favourable answer. I'd bet $10 that the artist is recognised, but I just can't find him/her. The best I've been able to do is decipher the signature to something like Ernst Nachgebauer.

Best wishes,

Timothy Lawrence Williams MA (Hons)

I can answer all questions on Fine Art, particularly the indentification of pictures (paintings, prints etc). My specialist areas are old master prints, printmaking, early Flemish painting, Dutch golden age painting, fin-de-siecle, Impressionism, Victorian, all British painting.

I've worked for the National Gallery, London and Brighton Museum & Art Gallery in research and curatorial capacities. I'm currently a director of Pieta Fine Art Ltd.

The Guardian

PhD Early Flemish painting (incomplete), MA History of Art, BA History of Art (Hons)

Neil MacGregor Scholarship