Fine Art/moshe gat

moshe gat
moshe gat  
Hi Dolly
I have acquired a Moshe Gat painting~looks to be original and not a lithograph or reprint. would love to know a value and best place to sell or auction it! it is a very large painting and signed in both hebrew and his signature "moshe gat"
I can send only 1 picture through, so if there is another way to send more...let me know! thank you so much Dolly

Dear Susie,

I hope you are doing well. Good quality Israeli art is highly collectable. I found a similar drawing of a dock scene by the artist that was probably done at the same time/period. It was dated 1935 and was 19 3/4 x 27 5/8 inches. It sold at auction in 2009 at the Montefiore Auction House in Tel Aviv, Israel for $900 USD. His work does not come up often, so I would consider contacting the major auction houses in Israel for auction estimates. It may be of more value if sold at an Israeli auction. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.