Fine Art/moshe gat

Question
moshe gat
moshe gat  
Hi Dolly
I have acquired a Moshe Gat painting~looks to be original and not a lithograph or reprint. would love to know a value and best place to sell or auction it! it is a very large painting and signed in both hebrew and his signature "moshe gat"
I can send only 1 picture through, so if there is another way to send more...let me know! thank you so much Dolly

susie

Answer
Dear Susie,

I hope you are doing well. Good quality Israeli art is highly collectable. I found a similar drawing of a dock scene by the artist that was probably done at the same time/period. It was dated 1935 and was 19 3/4 x 27 5/8 inches. It sold at auction in 2009 at the Montefiore Auction House in Tel Aviv, Israel for $900 USD. His work does not come up often, so I would consider contacting the major auction houses in Israel for auction estimates. It may be of more value if sold at an Israeli auction. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley