Fine Art/Painting I believe is 20th century american (would like to know more)

Question
Painting
Painting  
hello, I am an artist and growing art enthusiast. I usually go to goodwill to get potentially quality frames for cheap. I found a beautiful aluminum frame possibly made by a famous frame maker named Kulicke. I didn't know he was famous until i started googling and found his name, i just really liked the frame.
Once I brought it home i really started looking at the painting and i started to like it and i wanted to know more. I have some pictures i am attaching to see if you can help me figure out who the artist is and i would like to learn about the painting. I don't know why but i feel like this is a 20th century american piece and i was hoping you could tell me if i am going in the right direction.
I have 3 pictures one of the painting, a close up of the signature and the back of the painting because it has numbers on it and i thought maybe it was from an auction or something. I believe i can only upload one image so i will give the other images if u would like them, just let me know the best way to get them to u. also on the bottom left in pencil there are numbers 135/260 and it looks like the painting was done with acrylic possibly on paper. i don't think its canvas i don't see any texture through the paint and i don't think the paint was laid on real thick. I hope this is enough info for you, if you need anymore please let me know. thank you for your time.

Answer
John it is very nice. Unfortunately it is a print. You can tell by the numbers in the lower left portion of the piece. It means that it is the 135th impression out of 260 total impressions. If you can send me the signature photo I will try and help you.

Joseph B. Laskowski