Fine Art/question about a painting

Question
Hi-

I purchased a painting today that I know absolutely nothing about,
other than that it is extremely old.  I purchased it from the estate of a woman who just recently passed away and had an amazing collection. The canvas is stretched over wood with shims in the corners of the very old but beautiful frame.  The painting is of a old italian woman wearing a reddish scarf.  She is fabulous and the detail and expression on her face is amazing. the painting is signed Petrocelli on the right bottom area right below her chest.  The signature is in a reddish color also. It is stunning and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.  Do you know how I could find out more about this painting or this artist?

Answer
Hi Mary,

Are you able to upload an image or email it to me sales@pietafineart.com?

From your description it sounds like it could be the work of three very similar artists: Achille Petrocelli, Arturo Petrocelli or Vincenzo Pasquale Angelo Petrocelli, but I'd need to see an image to confirm which one.

Best wishes,
Tim  

Timothy Lawrence Williams MA (Hons)