Fine Art/Robert Chailloux

I have been given an older Still life by Robert Chailloux with his signature in the bottom right hand. It has ceramic bowl with the lid ajar on the left, purple and green grapes, a table clothe, plate, a silver pitcher on the right and a silver candle stick in the middle.

Would you please tell me about this picture? How old it is and possibly where he lived at the time of the painting?

Thank you,

Take a look at this link,

Title:Stillleben mit Brot und Eiern.
24.02" x 19.88"
(61cm x 50.50cm)
Created: not given
See all lots for this auction
Lot: 766
Auction House: Karl & Faber Kunstauktionen
Low Est.:   $1,412    (1,000)
High Est.:   $1,412    (1,000)
Hammer Price:    $1,129    (800)
(06/10/2011 - 06/11/2011)

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University