Fine Art/A. Sehring

Question
I have a framed "watercolor" under glass and I am assuming this is a print. It has a number on the back...2526.
The picture is of a young girl and younger boy (both towheads) walking on sand in what appears to be sand dunes (vegetation all around, but no water showing). I am curious what the name of this picture is and if is is actually a print. The paper on the frame back is torn and the painting appears to be on a rough backed thin board of some kind.
I also have a large picture done in layers of oils in soft earth tones "stripes" by LEE Reynolds. The picture is textured. Could this picture be one of Lee's or is it one signed by one of his workers? I have heard he does not (or did not) paint much.
Thank you!

Answer
Dear Teresa,

Your artist is Adolf Sehring (1930), Russian American, whose work is collected worldwide. I was not able to locate an image of the print you have, but there is a big difference in value between an open edition print and one of his limited edition hand signed prints. You may have to remove it from the frame to verify if it is a limited edition. You can contact the artist for the name of the print through his website www.adolfsehring.com.

If your other painting is signed as Lee Reynolds, it was likely painted in his studio by a student. Lee Reynolds usually signed his personal paintings as Lee Burr or Lee Reynolds Burr.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley