Fine Art/unknown artist

Question
Lost In The Woods
Lost In The Woods  
QUESTION: I have a oil painting on canvas that was given to my wife by a very good friend that passed some time ago never told her ware she got it only that she got it in the late 40s and that she paid over $400.00 to have it framed she loved this painting as does my wife I'm just frustrated that i can't find out who the artist is can you help thank you very much Donald D.

ANSWER: Donald, I cannot see the artists name but based on what I see, it looks to be decorative painting.

LOST IN THE WOODS
LOST IN THE WOODS  
QUESTION: here is the artists name that is on the painting thank you very much Donald Deetjen

Answer
Donald, the signature looks like Altenoff or Altoneff. I cannot find any info on that artist. Still, that being said, it is a decorative painting and only has nominal worth. If you are still not satisfied, I would take it to one of your local auction houses and they would be able to give you an answer also.

Joseph B. Laskowski