Fine Art/canvas painting

Question
Good Evening Mr. Cartwright.
I recently came into a painting that I don't know too much about.  The pictute appears to be a prairie scene.  It has a tree in the bottom left and couple of houses in the middle right.   It is signed by W.Eaton
Thanks
Jill

Answer
Jill,
Feel free to send me a picture of your artwork.  You'll find my email address at my website...www dot Cartwright Fine Art dot com.  (I am happy to assist AllExpert inquiries in this fashion.)  

If this were Charles Warren Eaton, it would be extremely interesting as he was a famous American tonalist painter from the early twentieth century, who was heavily influence by the Barbizon painters of France.  Alas, I doubt that is what you have, for he would not have been likely to sign merely "W.Eaton".   

At any rate shoot me a picture or better three (front, back, signature closeup).  Or have a local gallery owner or auction house take a look at it.  Please include any other detail you can regarding canvas size, condition of the work, etc.  There are several William Eatons from the nineteenth century who executed landscapes.  In any case, I'd love to see your painting.

Stuart Cartwright