Fine Art/Degas ballet dancer print

I recently came across this painting at an estate sale. the price was right to take a chance. I've seen many of his paintings but never anything like this. I like it either way. I would just love some clarification. Thank you very much.

Degas signature
Degas signature  
Hello Shawn,

Edgar Degas ballet dancer prints are very collectible. Degas's prints are usually editioned with the edition number in the bottom left or bottom right of the print. I do not see this in yours, but there his signature that is similar to Degas's signature. From what I can see, this is most likely a reproduction of a drawing. If you would like a professional to look at it in person, I suggest finding a Bonham's Valuation Day near you .

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University