Fine Art/floral oil painting on canvas

Question
Dear Stuart,
I purchased this beautiful floral oil painting from an auction. It came from a very very wealthy ladies estate. After she and her husband died everything went to storage and the kids never paid the storage and didn't care since they didn't live in the area and are multi-millionaires themselves, therefore the storage unit was full of valuable collectibles that were auctioned off. This painting is huge in a antique gold frame, it is 6 feet by 4 feet and is signed by W Lee. Do you have any idea who this W Lee could be. If you would like to give me an email I can take a pict.
Thanks, Diane

Answer
Diane,
(1) Start here.  http://art-collecting.com/galleries_oh.htm
   Find a gallery near you.  Call them make an appointment, or
   get their email address.
(2) Use a digital camera and photograph your artwork
    (a) frontside including frame
    (b) backside
    (c) closeup of signature
(3)  Email the photographs and as much info as you can to a gallery owner.
    - painting size
    - condition (list any blemishes, tears, discolorations, etc.
    - provenance (history of the painting)
    - your intentions (do you want to keep it, sell it, consign it?)

Do not regard gallery owners as intimidating.  They can be very good partners.
Do listen to their advice.  A good gallery owner will quickly separate the wheat
from the chaffe and save everyone time and money.

Good luck in your endeavors.  

Stuart Cartwright