Fine Art/Information on 2 oil paintings that I have

I acquired 2 small oil paintings from a friend.  The first is by the artist Mozhaer 1940 Village Landscape 12X21.5

The second is by the artist Alice Mongeau Craft Island or Rust Island south of Gloucester Ma 1979-1980 This was either purchased in Brewster Ma Oct 81

Any information on value would be greatly appreciated.

12x21.5 is a pretty good size!    Mongeau is a prolific living artist who has displayed in east coast galleries from Maine to Florida, and typically features vividly colored seaside landscapes.  She is particularly well known on Cape Cod.  I would contact the Christina Gallery in Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, or perhaps the Powers Gallery in Acton, MA.  Both are dealers in Alice Mongeau paintings.

I have no information about Mozhaer.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration