Fine Art/leo von konig painting

Question
lkonig painting
lkonig painting  
I have a landscape painting signed lkonig.  I was wondering if you could look that these pictures and let me know what you think.   Thanks...

Answer
Dear Neil,

This painting isn't by Leo Von König - it is possibly by another Konig or perhaps the name is made up. This style and subject make up a class of paintings I would call 'furnishing pictures' - they were prevalent in the mid-20th century (1960/70s) and are almost exclusively alpine landscapes. They were quickly produced in a very formulaic way - for example, they used stencils for the tree leaves to aid the speedy production. I would say many of the names on these paintings were nom de plumes/fantasised and many were produced in factories in asia.

Kind regards,
TIm

Timothy Lawrence Williams MA (Hons)