Fine Art/Mystery Print

Mystery Print?
Mystery Print?  
Hi Mr. Lombardo
     Can you help me identify the print I am attaching? It is a favorite of my mother's and is damaged. I'd really like to find another one to buy for her. Any possible leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Re; The print.
Unfortunately, I am unable to identify the artist.
The supplied image is not wholly clear, however the building in the background appears to be an  English church. Indeed it may even have been printed in the US, but using an image from outside the US borders.
The print is however, a rather late Victorian representation.
The iconology is also of a definite Victorian genre, which is all tied up to human emotions associated with such things as longing, parting, romance, botany and nature in general.
Whether it is a one off, specially commissioned by a publisher from an artist,or part of a much wider specific artists portfolio - I am unable to say.
The V&A museum (Victoria and Albert) in London - England might be able to help; if you contacted their print department. The print specialists at the museum, are very helpful and have a huge  specialized knowledge of this field.
But you would need to send them a really super quality image, in order to avoid being relegated to the waste paper basket - as they are very busy indeed.
Alternatively, if for many reasons you are unable to track down the the original and obtain a new copy; and if the print has some specific emotional value to the family, then perhaps restoration is a viable route to follow. Generally speaking the household insurance should cover the costs of a replacement,or any damage.
Unfortunately we ourselves are fully booked for many months ahead and are unable to undertake such work. However, we could advise as to others who are highly qualified to undertake such work.
Such work,is not terribly expensive, but obviously buying a new copy is much cheaper.
Although perhaps not the answer to were expecting to receive, I do hope that this information is of some use to yourself in your quest.
Take care.
Ps; Please leave some feedback, if you so feel inclined.  

D. E. Lombardo

I am unable to answer enquiries concerning objects, which are NOT related to the areas of Fine Art and Antiques. Nor will I; on the sole basis of any photographic images be willing to give any definitive monetary valuations, or monetary opinions. In such cases I would always advise on getting “real time” valuations and opinions from reputable and qualified auction houses, or third parties. In some applicable cases, I may perhaps give general indications of value, based on the presented materials. True valuations always need a direct “hands on” approach, with perhaps also the necessary research and verifications. Broadly open to almost all questions, regarding the majority of both European, American quality objects, which are related to both Antiques and Fine Art. This also includes modern 20th century designer objects such as furniture etc. My own particular comfort zone areas would be; The decorative Arts, marble, stone, furniture, ivory, bone, amber, ceramics and porcelain, sculpture, glass, silver and metal objects etc. I will also answer inquiries, and give opinions concerning Dutch 17th, 18th and 19th century paintings. Please note that I do have limitations and cannot possibly answer all questions, as the field is very extensive. VERY IMPORTANT and PLEASE NOTE: Please note that; providing > GOOD CLEAR and Preferably High Resolution < photo's of the object(s)in question, is vital. Pics taken with a cell/mobile phone, are of a poor quality and best avoided. Posting signatures only, or just fragments of an artifact - will only provide me with insufficient information and it is often quite misleading. So please; Do post good clear overall images, with your question(s). Failing to do so, may cause rejection, which is also a great pity.

Since the early 90’s I lead a team of very enthusiastic staff at a business, where have the following disciplines; Restoration and refurbishment of historical buildings and gardens, including interior design. The restoration and care of Fine Art and Antiques at our restoration studio We are also Fine Art and Antique dealers, besides being collectors ourselves for a great number of years.

The main professional organization of which I am a member is the BNA, or Association of Dutch Architects, which is equivalent to the US; American Institute of Architects. Affiliated to the Art Loss Register in London and the International Cites Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Villa Rufolo; The forgotten paradise on earth. Published by the University of Aarhus, Denmark Book reviews and articles for International Archis Magazine, in the Netherlands.

Since I wished to become a Restoration Architect, firstly I took my BA degree in Art History. Then after graduation, I followed this immediately by studies to graduate and become a Restoration Architect. Ever since then, I have been an established Restoration Architect and Antiquarian. Since a great number of buildings are also inhabited by Fine Art fixtures and furnishings, I also became absorbed by all the artifacts, which go to fill them and not only the edifices themselves. This and much more, was the reason for gaining an advisory post on the City Commission; For The Protection and Care of Historic Monuments of Amsterdam - Amstelveen.

Citations and gratitude; “From the Town of Amalfi” for the groundwork achieved in order bring back the Historical past to the Medieval Villa Rufolo and its vital role in the region. BA in Art Hisory. Graduation Diploma as an Architect & Antiquarian; and also practicing as such. I have also completed a 3 year course in antiques, at the VHOK in Amsterdam VHOK is translated as; ( "The Association of Fine Art Dealers In The Netherlands.")

With a view to the present lawmaking on privacy and reasons of confidentiality, this topic will remain private.