Fine Art/Original Painting

I have attached a photo of a painting handed down to me from my Aunt.  She lived in Indiana (United States) but (we think) traveled to Spain throughout her life.  We know she imported some paintings.
Could you tell us ANYTHING about this painting/artist?  Measures 23 1/2 x 19 1/2.  On original canvas.  (number tags on the back)
Thank you!

I just returned from a trip to Spain this summer.  While there I saw many outdoor markets, festooned sidewalks and lively festivals where paintings were offered.  Europe is littered with excellent salesfolk, who eagerly capitalize on the excellent mood of summer tourists enjoying themselves (and a bit lost in the Euro-Dollar conversions, if not the sangria!) In Madrid, I am sure I spotted many recently produced paintings similar to yours, right across the street from the Prado.

All this to say that I do not normally comment on European artworks, and this is not likely the work of a listed fine artist.  But I would suggest that your aunt may have fancied the bright colors and gaiety of the piece, and brought it home (whether from Spain or elsewhere) with an idea of precisely what spot in her home it might fill. She obviously took pleasure from owning it.  And she connected this joy to her relationship with you.  A large framed oil on canvas!  Nice!

So, enjoy it!  It is certainly evocative of bright, lively times!  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration