Fine Art/please help with my art work

hi there first let me start by say i think i may have some great art peices andi need someone to let me know what i have...i would like to send pics of what i i purchased this very unique fish picture i think its japense or chinese from the look at the 2 red seals on it was framed in a very lnice gold leaf frame and the paper its down on is very old and its been professionally preserved and framed...when i saw it the fish i have never seen before then i thought take a chance so i paid 8 dollars for it....i am thinking its  like from the 1500's -1600's ...and also i have a silk framed with silked birds on it i think its japanese ..and i have a very very nice john haymson oil painting its very large its mostley all greens and i believe when he painted it it was over seas studing art in his early days of art studio told me 600 for it but i held off...cause i only see his work in water colors from when he had a contract to do famous sites...his son has a website and i saw some oils on it but he wouldnt give me a value or even write back ...if u can please let me know where i can send pics to thank you rex

Dear Rex,
I regret I can only answer one art question per person. Art research takes a great deal of time and I can only afford to offer a limited amount of free work. I am not knowledgeable on Asian art and artists so you may want to ask another expert about that work. If you have an original oil painting by John Haymson, the value will depend on the subject and size of the painting. There are no recent auction listings or sales of the artist's paintings; but in 2006 the average estimated value was between $300 and $600. This would be auction wholesale. Be sure that you do not have a print on paper board by the artist. It will look very much like an original painting, but the brush strokes are actually clear varnish over a paper print adhered to the board. If in doubt, take it to a local museum or art gallery for a quick check. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.