Fine Art/Artist Information

I have recently found the this oil (approx. 24 X 36 not including the frame) on canvas in Va. about 40 miles west of  Washington D.C..

It is signed B. Hilton. The signature and subject matter alone would seem to eliminate Barry Hilton.

I would appreciate any information you might have as to the identity of the artist and/or the time frame of his/her work.

I have included photos of the piece and the signature in separate questions as there does not seem to be a multiple image option.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Possibly the work of Bo Hilton, a British painter (born 1961) who prefers fairly bright, impressionist oils of seashores, harbors and nudes. This would be one of the largest of his works so I am immediately skeptical.  

I cannot see that you were successful in sending through any photos of your art, but if you'd like to send me some directly, you can find my email address at www dot cartwrightfineart dot com

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration