Fine Art/Edwin Dougals - SARK

Question
Hi- I am interested in purchasing a print of Edwin Douglas painting names SARK.  My mother has a print, in color, that's very old -- I would like to get a copy for myself.  The one I'm trying to match is very large -- and the coloring is more similar to the actual picutre (found the original painting on line for sale....but its $10K).  

How do I go about finding this?  I've been looking on line for about a year, with no luck.  I very much want to find it, so I'm wialling to do the work, or pay a commission if someone else can find it.

thanks,

Elisa

Answer
Dear Elisa,

The larger format of the hand colored engraving by Alais of Edwin Douglas's painting is hard to find so it may take you a while if you are looking for the vintage print. The colors may not be the same as the one your mother has because various people did the painting after the print was pulled. There are also copies of the original black and white engraving that was never colored. If it is just the image that attracts you, there are oil painting reproductions online for under $500. The prints show up occasionally on eBay so you may want to create a custom search using keywords: Douglas, Sark. eBay will notify you by email when one is listed. One thing I do when looking for a particular print is put a reminder near my screen so that I am reminded to do a quick Google search in case something has become available. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley