Fine Art/Oil Painting

Solana wrote at 2012-09-15 03:35:26
I own a C Nichols original. He is know for painting miniatures but after talking to an antique dealer I learned this artist was in his 80's but expected to pass. He's from Philadelphia and this woman explained to me that he's one of a very few well known oil artists in Philadelphia and collectors were buying up his art. She advised me to get my original insured. I have not confirmed any of this. I an curious to learn about Celeste Nichols. Anyways hope this helps.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration