Fine Art/H.N. Oil Painting Masquerade

Question
H.N. Artist Signature
H.N. Artist Signature  
Hi there! I came into an original oil painting on canvas signed by an artist I've never heard of, and can't identify. The painting is 31" x 27", and I can't find any dates on it. I'm not sure if this is American or not, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Answer
Aaron,
I can see the "Hn" signature block, but do not know that this is the signature of any listed American fine artist.  I urge you to go see the good folks at the Guarisco Gallery in DC who should be able to tell you straightaway if you have a picture worth researching.  At the very least, you might enjoy seeing some very beautiful pictures they hang in their gallery. I have met these dealers at various art shows, and they are highly approachable, and most professional.

Given the size of the artwork and the minimalist signature, I might guess you have a lovely large decorative oil on canvas that looks good in a living room!  If you like it, hang it in a spot that is worthy.  Best of luck.  

Stuart Cartwright