Fine Art/Harrison Fisher Watercolor

Question
Harrison Fisher watercolor
Harrison Fisher waterc  
I purchased a lovely watercolor that I later found to have the autograph of Harrison Fisher, or so I believe , it is an oval shape that measures 11 14/16 tall by 10 inches at widest point. I am attaching images - hope you can assist - I would like to sell it but need help with value.

Thank You
Diane

Answer
Hello Diane,
Harrison Fisher was a prolific illustrator/artist in the early years of the twentieth century, and featured on covers of many magazines and periodicals such as the Saturday Evening Post, Scribners, and Life Magazine to name but a few.  You can easily find biographical information on him on the web. I can only see the signature block photo you sent, and it looks to be the stylized inscription of Harrison Fisher.  Many Fisher watercolors and pastels have been sold at public auction, bringing high prices on occasion for his larger works. Certainly, pictures that were magazine cover illustrations hold higher value, sometimes in the four figure range.  For a picture of the size and shape you describe, the sale prices have generally been in the $300-$600 range. If this were my artwork, I would contact either Illustration House in New York City or Heritage Auction Gallery in Dallas, Texas.  These two auction houses seem to bring among the best prices for Fisher's works, and have sold quite a few. Best of luck.  

Stuart Cartwright