Fine Art/any info would be great

Colonial painting
Colonial painting  
I have an oil painting that was from an estate sale.  I do not have any information on it.  I have checked the picture over and over for a signature of any kind but I still can't find one.  The only thing I have not done is take it out of the frame. Any kind of information would be great..I have no idea what it is worth.  I was thinking of selling it.  thanks

This looks like an imitation of late nineteenth century French impressionist art.  But it looks to be a modern, commercially produced (not fine art) package designed for sale in a print shop or "art gallery" at the mall.  So, perhaps a nice wall hanging, but not original fine art.  

As for the subject, I would not describe it as "colonial" but a Parisian scene, very likely of the Luxembourg gardens in Paris.  I hope you are lucky enough to visit those gardens someday. It is a beautiful spot.  Meantime, enjoy your artwork.  If you like it, hang it in a prominent spot where you might gaze upon it every day, and imagine yourself sitting in a dainty iron chair amid the beautiful statuary and fountains of Paris.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration