Fine Art/Marc Chagall

For Christmas I received a Marc Chagall limited edition lithograph entitled Paris Opera Ceiling...which was bought at an estate sale in Florida.  The owner had bought it in Europe. It is signed in lower right and penciled 317/500 lower left. VGC or near mint condition. Paper (poster?) is 25"x 36" and circumfrance of the ceiling is 24". It has never been framed. It was given to me rolled up.  What value do you think this has?  Thank you very much.  Mimi

Dear Mimi,
Your print is limited edition, but not considered an original lithograph. It was created using photography and offset printing. It was released posthumously; after the death of Chagall and the signature is facsimile. I located several online and the prices range from $50-$225. I have links to a few below. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.