Fine Art/Merrill Chase etching

Question
Hello Dolly!  I recently found an 'original' etching that my uncle had given me several years ago with a Certificate of Authenticity from Merrill Chase attached and am interested in finding out more about the artist as well as value.

It is titled "Oh My' by artist "Jeni" #no last name# dated 1976, edition 200.  It has some sort of serial number written on it as well.  The etching is a darling giraffe with a small bird in a parachute next to it.  It is a framed print.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Annette Stegall

Answer
Dear Annette,

I hope you are doing well. I get more questions on art from Merrill Chase than any other gallery. The reason is because they had the poorest excuse for Certificates of Authenticity that I have ever seen. They never put the medium or the full name of the artist on their certs. It makes it nearly impossible to identify the artist unless they are widely known. Most of the art they carried was by regional artists and thus not listed in major artist catalogs. There is an organization in Chicago (where Merrill Chase was located before closing in the seventies) that will assess work from the gallery, but they charge a ridiculous price to do so and probably more than the prints value. I am sorry I am not able to help you further. If mine, I would just continue doing Google image searches using the title of the print and the artist name until you find yours or one of similar style by the same artist.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley