Fine Art/Miniature painting of lady

Question
Miniature painting of lady
Miniature painting of  
Hello..Thank you for answering a question I had before..I have a  miniature painting of a lady it seems to be water color it is 2" by 1 1/2 " there is a name on the back I can't make out and on the front of  picture on the side of lady it has the name Mary.. any information is appreciated .   Thank you

Answer
Re; The miniature.
Hello again Cheryl,
The painting appears to be made by an amateur, rather than a professional "miniaturist painter." It also does not appear to executed on the normal grounds -  such as copper, ivory etc.
For some strange reason it also seems to be done in a heavy sort of gouache, which is a bit odd, to say the least.

It is however made in the style of the 1800-1820's which depicts a Lady of Nobility.
I may well have be made in the US, rather than Europe.

It would quite definitely need to have a "hands on vetting" in order to obtain more information.

Therefore the yellow pages guide to any auction house near to yourself, is the best option.
They will quickly be able to ascertain all the relevant information which you are seeking.

Once again I feel that it is not a “fake” as such, but rather the work of the period and  done by an amateur purely  as a “Sweethearts” memento, or keepsake.

It has a certain naive charm and simplicity, perhaps done by a sailor,or soldier(of officers rank) - before leaving for distant troubled regions, or lands.
In many respects, the message it contains; is just as relevant today as when it was made. The relevant research, might  just turn up the lady and artist in question - which indeed all adds to the provenance.

I wish you all the best with the “vetting,” of which I am sure; will all turn out alright and thank you for posting the image.
Take care.
David  

D. E. Lombardo