Fine Art/Oil painting

winter scene
winter scene  
Dolly, another painting I found at the Goodwill.  I just fell in love with it but would like to find out who the artist is and anything else you might know.  It measures 16x20 without the frame, which appears to be vintage.  I cannot make out the artist's signature. A photo is attached.

Dear Bev,

It reminds me of a painting I recently sold. It is a similar style, subject, and workmanship. I can see the signature in your painting and it too looks similar to the one on mine. Unfortunately, I was not able to read the signature either. It is a lovely painting, but I don't think it is a highly valuable piece. You may want to take it to a local fine art/antique dealer for their opinion.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.