Fine Art/Oil Painting

Question
Oil Painting
Oil Painting  
We have had this painting for a number of years and have no idea who the artist is or what its worth might be. Any information you can share with us about the paiting would be very helpful. I can send a close up of the signature if that helps.

It is an oil painting
It is signed with the name Dominic
The frame says made in mexico
We live in San Antonio, TX

Answer
Jon,
Nice job squeezing both picture and signature closeup in your thumbnail photo sent along with your question!

I am almost positive you have a reproduction or commercially produced painting. Perhaps from forty to fifty years ago?  Giveaway: single name signature. With a European flavor to sound even more 'artsy'.) There are a few fine artists with first or last name of Dominic, (or close,) but none that sign with a single name and none who fit your artwork.  Doesn't mean you don't have an attractive picture to enjoy and hang.  I just don't believe you have a piece of original fine art from the nineteenth century which this picture tries to portray.

You might wish to double-check my very quick assessment by sending your photos, and one from the "verso" (backside) of the canvas, to the Heritage Auctions folks in Dallas. Easily found on the internet.  

Stuart Cartwright