Fine Art/original oil painting

Question
not sure
not sure  
Hello, I have a total mystery.  It appears to be an original oil painting of what resembles a brook with a bridge.  It is signed in the bottom left corner by E. Henderson.  I am not sure if this artist is American or not but I can find no published readings on this artist.  Have you heard of him/her?  Do you know what this painting may be called?  Once again i believe the frame is very old and may be worth more than the painting itself, there may be a mark on the back of the frame but years ago it was reinforced with a supporting piece of wood which would cover any marks and I do not want to risk destroying the frame just to check.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Jennifer,
"Henderson" must certainly be in the top 10 popular English-Canadian names of all time.  Right up there with Gordon or MacDonald, yes?  To my eye, you have a pleasant picture, though not a work of important artistic achievement or historical noteworthiness. The picture & frame are perhaps a package put together to dress up a fine old home of the early twentieth century. I agree that the the antique frame might be worth the consideration of a dealer near you.  If you are in the Toronto area perhaps try: Goodfinds Art Emporium, 981 Lakeshore Road East, Mississauga, 905 271 8966?  

Stuart Cartwright