Fine Art/Painting of young girl

Young girl painting
Young girl painting  
I have a painting that I picked up at an estate auction.  I have not been able to find anything out about the artist.  I have searched the web time and time again.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll ever find out anything about the mysterious artist "J Rynolds".  My guess is that you artwork was produced in an Asian center of manufacturing where hundreds of oil paintings are created and framed every day, and false signatures (in this case, Reynolds...misspelled) are very cleanly applied.

This is certainly not to say that you should not fully enjoy your painting. If so, hang it in a prominent place where you might view it every day.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration