Fine Art/Paul detlefsen

Question
I think I found a painting by Paul.you can see and feel the brush strokes on the painting.I'm trying to see if I found something or just nothing.can't wait to hear from you.thanks

Answer
Dear David,

I have seen many reproductions of Paul Detlefsen paintings that were printed on heavy cardboard with raised brushstrokes of varnish added to create the look of being an original painting. If you do not have a high resolution magnifying glass, take it to a local fine art/antique dealer and ask them to take a look at it for you. If it is an offset lithograph you will see a dot or line pattern under magnification. A dealer will be able to tell you if it is an original oil or print. I cannot give you a definite answer without seeing the art in person. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley