Fine Art/Paul detlefsen

I think I found a painting by can see and feel the brush strokes on the painting.I'm trying to see if I found something or just nothing.can't wait to hear from you.thanks

Dear David,

I have seen many reproductions of Paul Detlefsen paintings that were printed on heavy cardboard with raised brushstrokes of varnish added to create the look of being an original painting. If you do not have a high resolution magnifying glass, take it to a local fine art/antique dealer and ask them to take a look at it for you. If it is an offset lithograph you will see a dot or line pattern under magnification. A dealer will be able to tell you if it is an original oil or print. I cannot give you a definite answer without seeing the art in person. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.