Fine Art/Print or painting

The Minuet
The Minuet  
I have a print or painting by v j paredes,the minuet #2087. whats it worth.?

Mr. Sheesley,
Vincente De Garcia Paredes (1845 - 1903) was a Spanish painter of some note.  I do not claim to be knowledgeable in European artwork, but his works pop up frequently at public auction.  Original oils, in good shape, and of good size have recently fetched $2,000 - $3,000.  I would suggest a first step for you would be to contact a local dealer who might be able to work with you in (1) identifying precisely what you have, oil or print and (2) finding a suitable means of converting oil to dollars, as it sounds as if that is what you are after.  A number (#2087) could well mean you have a print, but it might also be a sticker attached at a prior auction.  

Heritage Auctions in Dallas, DuMouchelles in Detroit, Brunk Auctions in Asheville, SC, and Skinners in Boston are all nationally reputable auction houses that have sold this Spanish artist's work in recent months.  Start the process with any of these dealers by sending them as much information (frame size, painting size, condition, history of the painting, and good photographs of full front, full back and signature block.  I wish you much luck.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration