Fine Art/Art forgeries

I am a University student writing a paper for my Art History class about fakes, forges, and authenticity. To preface this question, I have reached out to my Professor in hopes of some guidance, but have not received any clarification regarding this essay prompt. I hope your expertise and knowledge will help me. The prompts is: "In terms of the concept of indistinguishability write about two art works in which the forger does not betray his cultural background and time in the work he produces." My understanding of this prompt is to find two art forgers who created forged artwork while the original artist was still alive. I have searched and searched trying to find the names of art forgers who imitated living artists, but have not come up with any names. Do you know of any art forgers who fit this category? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Thank you for your question. While I do not answer queries about term papers, I did find info on one artist "Forgers usually copy works by deceased artists, but a small number imitate living artists. In May 2004, Norwegian painter Kjell Nupen noticed that the Kristianstad gallery was selling unauthorized, signed copies of his work."

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University