Fine Art/C. Inness?

Question
C. Inness original
C. Inness original  
Hi, I recently acquired an original painting on canvas. I'm sure that it's original because you can definitely see raised paint all over it. I believe that it's oil but am not too familiar with these kinds of things. Anyways, I picked it up at a local thrift store with the gut feeling that it was worth more than they wanted for it. It is professionally framed and backed, so I can't actually see the back of the original canvas. It measures approximately 22"X 28", and the bottom left hand corner of the picture is signed with what looks to be "C. Inness". I've attached a photograph. Any history and value information about the piece is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answer
Elias,
Go to Google Images and type in "C Inness painter".  You will see many paintings with the same look that your picture has.  What I might describe as an airbrushed, flat two-dimensional look.  Go on eBay and run the same search. You'll find a few more, this time with prices ascribed to them.  Fine Art databases do list a Clara Davis Inness 1874-1932 who painted in San Francisco.  I do not think these works are executed by a fine artist of the nineteenth century, but more likely by a commercial vendor of the mid-to-late twentieth century who has knocked out scores of "C Inness" framed pictures.  I could not value your picture as fine art, but would instruct you to compare to similar collectible pictures you might find on eBay.  

Possibly because G Inness was one of America's foremost landscape artists of the nineteenth century, that is to say, George Inness, these paintings carry a similar name. But they are in no way comparable to works by that master of tonalism, a true American disciple of the Barbizon school. As above, go to Google Images and hunt for "G Inness".  You'll find many, many museum quality paintings by George Inness.  

Stuart Cartwright