Fine Art/Chagall litho 'Fetes de Paques' 1954

Chagall signature
Chagall signature  

We inherited a Lithograph of Chagall's "Fetes de Paques" 1954 that also has a second signature on the left bottom in what appears to be blue crayon.  I have attached a few photos,
if you would be so kind as to let us know more about it we would be very grateful .

Thank you in advance,

Hello Cheryl,

According to Chagall's catalogue raisonne, this work should be numbered from the edition of 75, not 200.  Since this crucial bit of information does not match up, I would have to guess that this is some form of a reproduction.  I also have not seen the blue signature on other examples of this work.  It might be another printed signature, but it is difficult to tell from the image, though it does not look like a hand signature to me. For examples of original hand signed prints by Marc Chagall, please reference the attached link:

For a second opinion, perhaps I can recommend contacting Bonhams

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University