Fine Art/Duval painting

Question
Mount Zugspitze oil
Mount Zugspitze oil  

Signature
Signature  
Oil painting signed by Duval, but unable to find any information about this artist. This painting is of Mount Zugspitze and was done prior to WWII. Any insight into this artist or the painting itself? Thank you!

Answer
Becky, is this painting nailed or stapled to the canvas? Is there any other information on the reverse. Based on what I am seeing, it looks to be more of a decorative type painting rather than a listed artist, investment type piece. I need more info from you to make a more educated decision.

Joseph B. Laskowski