Fine Art/Duval painting

Mount Zugspitze oil
Mount Zugspitze oil  

Oil painting signed by Duval, but unable to find any information about this artist. This painting is of Mount Zugspitze and was done prior to WWII. Any insight into this artist or the painting itself? Thank you!

Becky, is this painting nailed or stapled to the canvas? Is there any other information on the reverse. Based on what I am seeing, it looks to be more of a decorative type painting rather than a listed artist, investment type piece. I need more info from you to make a more educated decision.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University