Fine Art/A Greek painting

Two Ladies ??
Two Ladies ??  
Hello Dolly. I bought a painting in Athens Greece about 9 years ago while on holiday there. It's dimensions are 1'7 1/2" x 1' 11" (cm 48x59). Its an oil painting on canvas. It depicts a female head with shortish  braided hair done in a gold relief ( stands out from the painting). To the right of the head and slightly below sits another full female figure with large gold ear rings again done in relief. The signature on the bottom left of the painting is ΒAΛEΡIOΣ. Valerios in English. I would really appreciate any information whatsoever on the artist. I've searched the internet as best I could and then happened across this site. I know its a long shot but heres hoping......Thanks in advance of your efforts. David.

Dear David,
I have done some research and I cannot locate the artist of your painting. It may be that the artist is well known in Greece, but not yet internationally. You may try searching for it again in the future when the artist's work begins to appear on the secondary market. Sorry I can not be of further help.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.