Fine Art/A Greek painting

Question
Signature
Signature  

Two Ladies ??
Two Ladies ??  
Hello Dolly. I bought a painting in Athens Greece about 9 years ago while on holiday there. It's dimensions are 1'7 1/2" x 1' 11" (cm 48x59). Its an oil painting on canvas. It depicts a female head with shortish  braided hair done in a gold relief (ie.it stands out from the painting). To the right of the head and slightly below sits another full female figure with large gold ear rings again done in relief. The signature on the bottom left of the painting is ΒAΛEΡIOΣ. Valerios in English. I would really appreciate any information whatsoever on the artist. I've searched the internet as best I could and then happened across this site. I know its a long shot but heres hoping......Thanks in advance of your efforts. David.

Answer
Dear David,
I have done some research and I cannot locate the artist of your painting. It may be that the artist is well known in Greece, but not yet internationally. You may try searching for it again in the future when the artist's work begins to appear on the secondary market. Sorry I can not be of further help.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley