Fine Art/Info on Artist and care

Guiliano Boat painting
Guiliano Boat painting  

Guiliano signature
Guiliano signature  
Hello, I recently purchased a oil painting on ebay, from an estate sale. The painting came from a seller in New Jersey, but the artist name does not sound american, unless the came to the US. So that why I'm checking with you first. The seller believes that this is the original frame from the artist as well. The signature in the bottom says "Guiliano". I purchased it for the art and not the value, but I do like knowing about the artist. The estate seller did not know who the artist is/was. I could not find anything on internet searches, any ideas?

Also, the condition is in need of help, but I was always told to leave it alone. As you can see by the picture of the signature, the are stains on the front. Also darker stains in the sky (not sure if it's part of the painting, but probably not). And the back of the canvas is starting to have mildew and yellowing. This is what makes me think it's not to recent. What should I do?

This is not really "fine art" or what the French descriptively say "les beaux arts".
Rather, it is a commercial knock-out, done in a shop that cranks out illustrations
on oil and canvas and inexpensive frames.  Not to say you might not enjoy it.  If so,
hang it somewhere you can see it every day.  If it takes your mind to a better place
for a few seconds, all the better!

I would not spend any more money on it to appraise, fix, etc.  Thanks for asking.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration